Friday 2 November 2012

Christmas present #1

My boyfriend wanted a hand knitted scarf as Christmas present. Mmm, that WAS a problem. I can't knit. But for the love of my life I wanted to give it a try. I'm making him a grey, very bulky scarf. After a lot of attempts (I started 4 times over) i'm quite pleased with the result. Beneath you can see a picture of the work in progress. This is my first project for which I designed the pattern.For this pattern I got my inspiration from the Spring/summer 2013 collection of Louis Vuitton. I just love those squares!

As you can see, the edges are a bit curly. I'm thinking to crochet an edge around the scarf so it won't curl any more. What do you think? Would it help? Or do you know another solution? 
A Crafty Soiree

2 comments:

  1. I love how this is pieced! Like patchwork knitting! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was so enthusiastic when the project was done, I immediately wrapped it in Christmas-paper and forgot to take a picture :)

      Delete