The original design of this dress is for women of 1.76 meters. I'm a petite of 1.60 meters so I needed to make some adjustments to the bodice and the length of the dress. Because this is the first time I'll be making some major adjustments to a pattern (I'm a novice so yess these adjustments are major to me :)). To practice this I bought a cheap (but fabulous) fabric on the market for 3 euro per meter. With this fabric I'll be making the sleevless version of the dress.
The adjustments to the length of the dress are not the only ones I've made. I've made some adjustments to the collar too. The lining would be showing a little bit at the collar in the original pattern. So I've redrawn the pattern.
The fabric I'm testing my redesigned pattern with is a 100% polyester. It's very slippery. This makes it very difficult to match the seams.
Tips for adjusting the bodice and the length of the skirt will follow (with pictures).
I'll post some more about this dress soon. At the moment this project is not yet finished!